After trying to install Laravel via the Web Project type of "Laravel", I get the error to appear after right-clicking on the "References" object located in the Solution Explorer. There are also no files listed.
I'm not very good at looking through the output data, so I apologize for my lack of skill for debugging such things, but it appears as though Composer 2.0.4 exits with a -1 and then I see Devsense handle the situation. I am using Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition with a Licensed version of PHP Tools. Would it help to paste the information being displayed in the output pane?
- Start up Visual Studio 2019
- Select "Create a new project"
- Select "PHP Web Project" and click "Next"
- For testing purposes I am using the defaults:
- "Project Name"->"PHPWebProject1"
- "Solution Name"->"PHPWebProject1"
- Leaving unchecked "Place solution and project in the same directory"
- Click "Create"
- "New PHP Web Project - PHPWebProject1" Dialog window appears
- Select "Laravel" using a PHP 7.4 install meeting the requirements stated by Laravel as well as the Dialog window (PHP >= 7.3; Extensions: fileinfo, mbstring, openssl, xsl) and continue by selecting "OK"
- The install fails
This mentions it failed install, but also it mentions directories can't be deleted. I included it incase it is useful:
`====Executing command 'composer create-project "laravel/laravel" C:\Users\jared\source\repos\PHPWebProject1\PHPWebProject1 --prefer-dist --no-interaction'====
Creating a "laravel/laravel" project at "./"
Installing laravel/laravel (v8.4.0)
Installing laravel/laravel (v8.4.0): Extracting archive
Install of laravel/laravel failed
Could not delete C:/Users/jared/source/repos/PHPWebProject1/PHPWebProject1:
This can be due to an antivirus or the Windows Search Indexer locking the file while they are analyzed
create-project [-s|--stability STABILITY] [--prefer-source] [--prefer-dist] [--repository REPOSITORY] [--repository-url REPOSITORY-URL] [--add-repository] [--dev] [--no-dev] [--no-custom-installers] [--no-scripts] [--no-progress] [--no-secure-http] [--keep-vcs] [--remove-vcs] [--no-install] [--ignore-platform-req IGNORE-PLATFORM-REQ] [--ignore-platform-reqs] [--ask] [--] [<package>] [<directory>] [<version>]
====composer command completed with exit code -1====`
Please let me know if you need any other information from me.